What we do
We develop great community leaders to ensure we have a strong, innovative and sustainable Goulburn Murray region.
We do develop leaders through a well respected annual program known as the Fairley Leadership Program.
We also offer continued leadership development of graduates of the program through advances leadership courses and a series of short courses.
A good leader requires a team around them made up of leaders, doers and followers.
Ashley Gabler - 2018 Fairley Leadership Participant
How we do it
The year-long Fairley Leadership Program immerses the most promising leaders from a range of sectors across the Goulburn Murray region in a wide ranges of experiences, specifically designed to develop their capacity as community leaders.
The program includes retreats, a Melbourne and Canberra trip, full-day seminars, discussion groups, leadership skills development and participation in community projects.
To date, the program has more than 550 graduates who have developed their leadership through:
- skills development
- community knowledge and awareness of the major issues facing the region
- network expansion with established leaders
- practical project based experience.
Focus on why you can (lead), rather than why you can't.
Eileen Curtis - 2018 Fairley Leadership Participant
How to get involved
Each year we are looking for new aspiring regional leaders to take part in our program.
Our program is for those who want to:
- Increase their capacity to give back to the Goulburn Murray region
- improve skills and confidence
- explore the major issues and opportunities for the Goulburn Murray region
- learn from existing local, State and National leaders
- connect with other emerging leaders from the business, government, cultural, community and agricultural sectors